[ By The Drum ]
Dentsu is partnering with Netccentric in Malaysia to help its clients integrate e-commerce marketing solutions.
The integration with Netccentric-owned Nuffnang Live Commerce is already being rolled out across clients from FMCG, health and beauty, and consumer electronics categories.
“With the rise of livestreaming as a new conversion channel for commerce and consistent growth in the share of the sale of social commerce, there is a strong use case for us to strengthen Dentsu’s Total Commerce capability around live commerce to empower brands to leverage this trend beyond the packaged offers available in the market to accelerate their e-commerce growth,” said Jing Wen Foo, e-commerce director at Dentsu Malaysia.
Ganesh Kumar Bangah, executive chairman of Netccentric Limited, added: “The formula for online success is for brands and businesses to sell products on these platforms through live commerce, a trend that has and continues to accelerate due to the pandemic. Live commerce is a proven effective way to sell and it’s for everybody, not just the big brands.”
Why is this important?
- Live commerce, which originated In China in 2014, is taking over Malaysia where, according to GlobalData, e-commerce is expected to hit $12.6bn by 2024.
- In Malaysia, live commerce has already been activated on social and e-commerce marketplaces such as Lazada and Shopee as more and more Malaysian brands activate online platforms to stand out from the competition.
- This consumer trend toward shopping during livestream events benefits brands by providing new branded content channels, live influencer engagement and real-time conversion.
How will Dentsu and Nuffnang Live Commerce work together?
- As part of Dentsu’s Total Commerce solutions for brands, this partnership will bring live video commerce service integration, which will enable advertisers to rapidly drive traffic to their brand’s social pages and create two-way, personalized engagements between brand influencers and followers to drive on-the-spot sales.
- The integration between Dentsu’s media planning and buying capabilities with Nuffnang Live Commerce’s technology allows the creation of purchasing habits for consumers who rely on brands’ social pages as much as Shopee and Lazada to influence their decisions.
- This partnership also strengthens Dentsu’s Total Commerce ambition of integrating proprietary online stores, marketplaces, social channels or physical stores in Malaysia to bring to life the best online shopping experiences for customers.